At the Law Office of R.T. Bryson, we offer a broad suite of services to assist non-profit organizations from formation to regulatory compliance. We can assist your organization in forming, including:
- Filing for non-profit status with California;
- Advising on which corporate structure to select;
- Drafting bylaws;
- Filing for tax-exempt status with federal and state entities; and
- Preparing policies and procedures for the operation of your non-profit.
We also offer continuing assistance with regulatory and legal compliance. The Board of Directors is responsible for the ethical operation of the non-profit as set by State law, and if the Board fails to meet these standards, the Board could be personally liable, or the non-profit could be subject to a government takeover. We assist non-profit Boards of Directors in
- Complying with state and federal guidelines on operating non-profits;
- Addressing conflicts of interest issues;
- Reviewing and revising bylaws;
- Drafting policies and procedures for best practices;
- Understanding public disclosure requirements;
- Resolving board disputes; and
- Establishing proper procedures for elections, noticing meetings, and preparing board meeting minutes.
Contact a trusted California attorney today
At Law Office of R.T. Bryson, I assist non-profits in a variety of ways. Call my San Diego office today at 619-607-3417 or contact me online to schedule your consultation.